"The history of this place, the location of this place, is in the upper echelon of Canadian golf."
- Jeff Mingay, Golf Course Architect
On a links-style course, the dynamic relationship between golfer and environment are more closely knit than ever. Designed as nature allowed, our golf course is best experienced while walking and enjoying the magnificent west coast environment. Take note of the direction of the ocean breezes on your skin and the contours of the firm green beneath your feet as you experience golf as a simple game, no embellishment, just an enriching round that calls on all five senses.
As you play the Victoria Golf Club, you are surrounded by west coast beauty. With 5 holes nestled along the Strait of Juan de Fuca on the mighty Pacific Ocean and sea views on most of the rest, you'll become inspired to play again and again where course conditions can change daily, 365 days a year. With 125 years of rich history, the oldest golf course in Canada on its original location rings true with every step you take as we pay homage with a modern twist on every carefully designed hole.
2018 SCOREGolf Top 100 rank:
2018 Canadian Golf Magazine Top 100 Reader Rankings:
2017 Canadian Society of Club Managers rank:
#1 in Canada
2017 Canadian Golf Magazine rank:
2017 Golf Digest rank:
2016 SCOREGolf rank:
Holes of VGC
Please read carefully
Golf is a game for all players to enjoy as a shared experience. The Victoria Golf Club pledges to help enhance your experience by adhering to the established rules. Etiquette and integrity are at the heart of golf.
Here are the general rules for Guests at the Victoria Golf Club:
1. Guests to the Clubhouse, who are not golfing, must be accompanied by a VGC Member, be a Member of one of our reciprocal clubs, or be a Member of a private club that allows introductions from their respective club.
2. A Member introducing a guest shall be held accountable for the dress code and course etiquette of their guest, any Club debt incurred by their guest, any damage done by their guest to Club property or any damage caused by their golf balls.
3. Please note that all rounds must be arranged by our Pro Shop Staff or General Manager when playing as a guest.
Guest Green Fee/Tee Times - the availability of tee times for non-Members of the Victoria Golf Club is determined by the following criteria:
1. Players must be Members of other golf clubs or have a valid handicap - it is preferable their club phone VGC in advance to arrange a tee time (this practice is the best way to verify guest information and requirements).
2. Tee times are allocated through the Pro Shop in "quieter" times of the day - Contact the Pro Shop for our current information on guest tee times.
3. Only the General Manager and the Head Professional have the authority to book groups to a maximum of 16 players in the "quieter" times.
4. Larger groups of players are asked to submit a letter (or verbal request through the GM or Head Professional) to the Board of Directors with all pertinent information on their group and their requirements. The Board evaluates each of these requests on an individual basis. Such groups are encouraged to stay for lunch/dinner when available.
Members and guests are expected to respect the Victoria Golf Club Dress Code on and off the course, respecting the great game of golf, the history of our Club and our Membership. Please click on the link below to view our active Dress Code. Members are responsible for confirming our dress code with guests prior to their arrival at the golf course. If any concerns arise, please ask any of our knowledgeable staff in the Pro Shop.
One of the privileges of belonging to a premier club like Victoria Golf Club is the opportunity to play excellent courses all over the world. Check out our list below.
If you are a member of any reciprocal clubs listed below and would like to play here at Victoria Golf Club, please speak to your Head Professional to provide an introduction and fill out the form below.
*The asterisk indicates a full reciprocal club with equal privileges; other reciprocals may have some restrictions.
Victoria & Vancouver